Asian Ethnology Podcast
Welcome to Asian Ethnology Podcast
Co-editor Ben Dorman presents a brief history of the journal and discusses the reasons for launching Asian Ethnology Podcast.
History of journal :34
- Former editor, Peter Knecht
- Founding editor Matthias Eder; journal named Folklore Studies
- Eder moves from China to Japan
- Support from Indiana University Folklore Institute, name change to Asian Folklore Studies
- Move to Nanzan University
- Peter Knecht’s retirement; name change to Asian Ethnology 2:21
Reasons for launching Asian Ethnology Podcast 3:28
Music used with kind permission of the performer, shamisen master Koji Yamaguchi.